Brighton Journalist Works is an independent journalism training company.
Since 2006 we have trained hundreds of journalists, in small classes. Their success stories, some of which you’ll find here on our website, speak volumes for our tutors, our facilities and our industry experience.
Brighton Journalist Works has a team of highly-experienced journalism trainers. All our tutors are working journalists in newspapers, magazines, radio, television and online. We understand the needs of today’s fast-moving media industry. We also have high-profile guest lecturers from national publications, radio and TV.
We are based on the leafy campus of Sussex University. Sussex is a leading university, currently ranked 19th in the UK by The Times and The Guardian, on one of the most beautiful campus locations in Britain, but just a few minutes away from Brighton.
We have great partnerships with all media companies across Brighton and beyond, including the Brighton Independent and Latest TV. So you get the best of both worlds: access to the newsrooms and TV studios of all Brighton’s media within a pebble’s throw of the beach and the city centre all while studying on the campus of an internationally recognised university with cafes, bars and the sports centre at your disposal.
- Quality training delivered fast and effectively
- Guaranteed work experience
- Affordable prices
- Training by exceptional journalists
- Cutting-edge journalism skills for all media
- Production Journalism options
- A friendly professional environment
- Sound advice to help you become a journalist
- Support to help you achieve your dreams of a career in journalism
- Our air-conditioned training room at the university has iMacs with all the industry software, internet, networked printers and modern teaching facilities including a 42″ plasma screen for demonstration materials.
Brighton Journalist Works
Telephone: 01273 540350
|Diploma in Journalism – Fast-track||Starting in February and September every year. Qualify as a journalist in just 16 weeks. Build a portfolio of cuttings and seek your first job.|
|Part-time Diplomas in Journalism||Starting in September every year. Fit training as a journalist around your working and family life. Courses are for a full academic year with options for weekday (Wednesday and Friday) and weekend (Saturdays and Monday evenings).|
|Multimedia Journalism MA||1 Year full-time/2years part-time,|
|International Journalism MA||One Year full-time/Two years part-time|
|Journalism and Documentary MA||One Year full-time/Two years part-time|
|Journalism and Media Studies MA||One Year full-time/Two years part-time|